Last night in downtown Denver I joined organist and friend Wil Smith at Central Presbyterian Church for a unique multimedia evening of creepy classics. In a pitch-black Central sanctuary, he performed organ works from our favorite dearly departed composers (along with some works from the living) while I projected live video art onto the organ pipes.
- J.S. Bach – Toccata and Fugue in D minor
- Olivier Messiaen – Apparition de l’église éternelle
- Arvo Pärt – Pari Intervallo
- Philip Glass – “Bed Aria” from Einstein on the Beach
- Omar Surillo – de lejos
- Eric km Clark – layerings 1 (for additive organ)
Here are a few photos from the event:
Amy joined me and we had some time to go hiking near Evergreen as well:
Thanks to Wil, Bryce and Central Presbyterian for graciously hosting us for the weekend and the invitation to collaborate!